The Institute Library has a huge collection of books on each subject taught at IMSciences. The Circulation Section has a unique role for providing the latest information to readers. Furthermore, Circulation Section has introduced computerized system for keeping proper records of the library documents.
Since August 2009, the library has started circulation transaction i.e. check-in and check-out of the books on smart Bar-coded cards. This method has made the circulation system more efficient and error free. The circulation section provides the following services:
- Register new members, issues borrower cards etc.
- Issuing and receipt of reading materials to and from the library members only.
- Fine collection for overdue books.
- Inform the library members regarding reading material reservation.
- Settle cases regarding the books lost or damaged by the members.
- Issue Library Clearance Certificate.
- Check incoming and outgoing materials thoroughly.
- Helps the library users in finding the required materials.
- Guide library users in finding research articles available in digital libraries on the internet.
- Arrange reading materials on the book racks.
Keeping in view the courses taught at IMSciences and the interest of the library users, the Institute has subscribed to a number of best magazines and research journals in order to provide latest information in their relevant fields. The following magazines and journals have been subscribed to:
- The Economist
- PC World
- Pakistan and Gulf Economist
- Strategy & Business
- Business 2.0
- Foreign Affairs
- Foreign Policy
- Journal of Humanity and Social Sciences
- The Lahore Journal of Economics
- Harvard Business Review
- Readers Digest
- Journal of Islamic Banking & Finance
- Journal of IBP
- Islamic Banking Bulletin
- Pakistan Management Review
- Pakistan Development Review
- Business Review
- Policy Perspective
- Current Affairs
- World Affairs
- South Asia Journal
Keeping in view the importance of newspapers, the library purchases a variety of local English and Urdu newspapers, which include:
Members can read the following newspapers in the library
- The News
- The Dawn
- The Nation
- Daily Times
- Business Recorder
- The Frontier Post
- The Statesman
- The Daily Mashriq
- The Daily Aaj
- The Daily Khabrain
- The Daily Express
- The Daily Jang and
The Institute Library has a huge collection of Research/Thesis Reports which each student submits in the final semester of his/her programme. The students doing their research on any topic can use these reports as a guideline.
Internet facilities are also available in the library. The library users can use internet for their research purposes, e-mails, and other academic tasks.
HEC Digital Library:
Within the premises of IMSciences, a digital library was established in 2006 by HEC. It includes 23,000 full text journals of international repute. This facility is also available in the library from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
HEC has also launched an e Library under the title E-brary, which includes 40,000 books. The site is
Books in soft form on each subject are available in the Library. The library users can copy these books on USB for personal use.
Library Users Demands:
The library users are free to recommend best books by the best publishers written by the best authors to librarian for library. This will enhance the library collection and the library users will get quality reading materials.
The Institute library is a newly established library and is on its way to becoming a state-of-the-art learning resource center. Three wide halls are available in the library, in which the following useful sections are planned to be established very soon:
- Acquisition, Cataloguing and Classification Section
- Audio Visual Section
- Periodical Section including Government Publications
- Automation Unit
- Students Services Section including Photocopying, Printing, Scanning etc.
- Research Section including Internet Lab, Study Carrels.
- Reference Services Section.
The entire student body as well as the Faculty is eligible to borrow books from the Library with different enrolment forms for both. A library borrower Card is issued to each member student after providing the required information given in the enrolment form. The Borrower Card consists of Student ID, Name, Fathers Name, Programme, Section and Semester. This card is meant for single use only.